- Helping with job opportunities for retiring and retired apprentices.
- Encouragement and assistance with reunions, and regional and national functions.
- Providing public liability insurance for Association-sponsored functions.
- Supplementing advice available to members on welfare and other support from Commonwealth and State Government agencies.
- Liaison with other service bodies (eg RSL, VVF, VVAA, and TPIA).
- The AAAA is a paid-up Group Member of the Defence Force Welfare Association (DFWA)
- Organising welfare training for Regional Representatives.
- Supported by Regional Representatives, and on advice of the death, hospitalisation, sickness or otherwise of members, ensuring that the NOK is supported where required.
- Approving entries to the Vale pages on the Association Website.