1. Sat 20 Oct 18, 1800 to 2300, 101 Fd Wksp Return to Sydney Reunion, Liverpool Catholic Club, 485 Hoxton Park Rd, Prestons, NSW 2170 - contact Gary Hodges, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Fri 23 Nov 18, ASEME at Latchford Bks is holding a RAEME Birthday celebration (a little early). Anyone wishing to attend needs to contact MAJ Perri Hobbs, SO2 Corps - RAEME (email@example.com) at least 3 days prior to the event so he can organise base access.
3. Royal Australian Regiment (RAR) 70th Anniversary Events 22–23 November 2018. All serving and ex-serving members of the RAR, families and friends are invited to attend the following events:
• Thursday 22 Nov, 1830 for 1900 - Infantry Dinner, Canberra Institute of Technology Restaurant (1st Floor, Bldg K, Constitution Ave, Reid); dress lounge suit, no medals; cost $85 per head; open to all Infantry soldiers and officers, serving or retired, ARA or ARES, including Allied Infantry personnel. To secure your place, please book and pay no later than Friday 09 November 2018 by:
1. advising the Foundation by e-mail of your acceptance (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. making your payment as outlined below
3. advising us if you have any special dietary requirements.
4. Payment should be made by cheque or by direct deposit to:
Account Name: RAR Foundation; BSB: 112 908; Account Number: 043368817; Description: Surname/Dinner
Cheques should be made payable to the "RAR Foundation" and mailed to GPO Box 3112, Canberra, ACT, 2601.
• Thursday 22 and Friday 23 Nov, 1000-1130 and 1330-1500 time slots each day - guided tours of the AWM focused on significant events and battles associated with the RAR.
• Friday 23 Nov, 1530 - 70th Anniversary Parade - on the AWM parade ground; open to the public; featuring the Queen's and Regimental Colours of all RAR Battalions and a Guard from 8/9th Battalion RAR, supported by RAR Pipes and Drums and the RMC Band. His Excellency, the Governor General of Australia will be the Reviewing Officer.
• Friday 23 Nov, 1700 - Last Post Ceremony - open to the public; remembering the life and sacrifice of CPL Kevin Cooper, 2 RAR, Killed In Action 26 Jul 1953 in the Battle of Samichon in the Korean War.
Attendance. To ensure adequate seating for the parade, capacity for the Thursday/Friday tours, and support at the Last Post Ceremony, advise the Lead Coordinator, BRIG Simon Gould, of your attendance (including preferred tour timing and whether you request to lay a wreath at the Last Post Ceremony) by no later than 02 November 2018. email email@example.com